been awhile since i let the boys play with 'play doh'. oh, how the boys love the colorful, ooey gooey soft clay with the smell so inviting. imaginations run wild!
i don't mind the boys playing on their own because it's not messy - it's moist to the touch rather than sticky, and it's non toxic - not that i don't mind kahfi gobbling up huge chunks of play doh - but there's less risk, because play doh is said to be made super salty to discourage a 'second helping' from a curious kid!
here's some fun facts about play doh:
- play doh started as something use to clean wallpaper. you roll onto the wallpaper, and it catches dust or debris
- first sold in 1955, in big huge can. only later they came out with smaller individual tubs
- when first sold, it only comes in one color - off-white!
- if all the play doh ever made is rolled into one long 'snake', it could wrap the earth 300 times!
here's a 'step-by-step' by khaleef
- choose a favorite color; orange, yellow, purple, blue or green (tapi yg ijau tu dah keras from the last time they played tak simpan elok-elok)
- decide what to make
- khaleef decided on 'purple' and 'elephant'
- mould your favorite animal into shape - well, more or less
- place in down to admire your masterpiece
- make final adjustment
kahfi as usual made few (failed) attempt to eat play doh!
eh wait, khaleef - where's your elephant's eyes?
another khaleef's 'step-by-step' on how to make elephant's eyeballs.
- again, choose your favorite color for the eyes
- roll into a small ball
- put onto elephant
- make another one
- tada - it's ready (ulp! apsal besa betui mata gajah khaleef?)
- admire your masterpiece up close
after his constant attempt to eat the play doh was foiled, poor kahfi resorted in simply stacking the little tubs of play doh.
dapat ini pun jadi lah!
after he's done with the somewhat mis-shapen elephant (hihi) khaleef tried making snake. roll, roll, roll. again, he put two extra-large yellow eyeballs on the snake.
what's with khaleef and yellow eyeballs anyway?
by that time, kahfi grew bored already and was playing with a toy car. play doh? if i can't eat it, no thanks! haha.