khaleef loves football. and from the looks of it, his younger brother kahfi shares the passion.
summer in dubai is subsiding. it’s not as hot as when we left for malaysia two months ago, and it’s not as hazy as few days back. so one fine afternoon i took the boys out and play ball at a clearing in the vicinity of our building, overlooking the man-made marina.
it’s been SO long since the boys were out JUST to have silly, comot fun, ever since coming back from malaysia. kahfi ran non-stop, cheeks red, and shorts smeared with dirt. nice.
kazim – i’m sure kazim was just happy to be out, soaking in the mellowing summer sun, a hint of sea-breeze blowing from a distant…
he was so quiet and well-behaved! usually he hated to be in the bassinet for more than 5 minutes! he’d be trashing and turning to go out!
i love taking the boys here because :
- it’s just downstairs away from our condo
- it’s in the vicinity of our condo, so i don’t have to worry about strange people hanging around the place
- it’s very spacious, but gated, so i don’t have to worry about kahfi wandering away
- this clearing overlooks the marina, and the boys enjoy spotting yatch and boats slowly docking from the sea
- the mini-mart is just down the stairs, so i can easily go down to treat the boys some ice-cream or choc milk after a tiring hot day
the boys’ ‘coach’ is in cairo, egypt now. flying back tonight. perhaps tomorrow coach khairul can bring his protege players to the park to have a real ball time! sorry boys, mak kaki bangku!