Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sisters Hang-Out For Muslim Chinese Food @ Homst, TTDI

I LOVE chinese food, chinese style, chinese dishes – and there are a few chinese-muslim restaurants in TTDI around where my sisters live. the following night after I arrived in KL from dubai, my sisters took me to ‘Homst’, a chinese-muslim restaurant in persiaran zaaba in taman tun dr. ismail, near the proton showroom.

I was looking forward to try my favorite chinese-style lauk, ‘lemon chicken’!

 

photo 4

yong, me, syida & azi

 

I arrived in KL from dubai the night before. that night my eldest sis yong arrived by herself in KL from ipoh via ETS (electric train service) – this was the night before four of us go for Being ME2, the women’s only islamic conference (that explains why my boys were with my in-laws in puchong, tolong jagakan while I go for Being ME2). so four of us lepak makan-makan borak-borak over delicious chinese dishes!

 

photo 2 (1)

we tried the seafood tomyam. memang yum! well, I’m not really a fan of tomyam so to me this is good enough. not sure about hardcore fans of tomyam though.

 

photo 3 (2)

photo 4 (2)

this is ikan kerapu sweet sour. super delicious – the flesh is juicy and well-seasoned. not too spicy so just right for me. loved it.

 

photo 5 (1)

the lemon chicken is not bad. loved the texture of the chicken – crispy on the outside and tender juicy on the inside. the lemon sauce wasn’t too thick but I prefer they put it on the side. I don’t like my chicken to be soaked in lemon sauce!

 

photo 5 (2)

another must-order when I go to chinese restaurant – the fried calamari or sotong goreng tepung. the best I’ve had is still in muhibbah (somewhere in sg penchala I think) but this one ain’t bad. crispy crunchy and not rubbery.

 

photo 2 (2)

fresh kailan with salted fish (ikan masin). delicious addition.

 

photo 1

ok are they stealing from faiz’s plate? haha. faiz pon macam erk..

 

photo 3

it’s our first makan-makan together after so many months of not seeing each other so we lepak until the restaurant pun dah empty. see picture below la, orang dah takde dah masa kitorang habis makan hihi.

 

photo 3 (3)

photo 4 (3)

the lamp is a nice touch. my sisters said homst had newly expanded the restaurant. previously they didn’t have 2 lots and now that it’s constantly full-house, diorang besarkan restoran.

 

photo 5 (3)

the original lot. simple chinese-restaurant feel with marble-top tables.

 

photo 2 (4)

‘homst’ is at persiaaran zaaba in taman tun dr. ismail alright. personally to me it’s not as awesome as muhibbah or mohd chan abdullah but if you guys are in the area, check it out.

No comments:

check out these postings too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails