2000 – 2010.
a decade of many happy beginnings
a decade of few tearful goodbyes
10 years of tests and tribulations
10 years of mistakes made and lessons learned
* * *
i could say that the past 10 years were the most eventful of my life – happy at most, and sufferable at times. i finished my studies, got married, had kids, lost my mak – all within these 10 years. i could also say that i faced my biggest, most unbelievable challenge and dugaan within these 10 years – and that’s as far as i could go to share it!
let’s just say that i really truly believe the phrase, ‘ada hikmah di sebalik semua yang berlaku, baik atau buruk,’ – there’s a silver lining in everything. alhamdulillah, things worked out for the best.
here are a few thoughts i gathered along the way – syigim’s 11 thoughts for 2011 :
- the most important thing about past experiences is learning from them.
- you must remember to CHANGE for the better, or remember NEVER TO CHANGE to be like the people who wronged you.
- silence IS golden.
- forgive, but never let yourself forget, because you don’t want to repeat the same mistake.
- clichés that happened in malay drama or movie DO happen in real life.
- berani kerana benar is a very true saying.
- communicate with your partner. speak-up. share. debate. talk. nag, but learn to also laugh. hihi.
- losing trust is losing faith on people. trying to trust again is placing your faith in Allah that things will get better.
- hypocrites exist. you would be surprised where you found them.
- see things from your kids’ point of view. crawl on the carpet if you must!
- at the end of the day, you can always count on your family. and of course, Allah swt.
i pray to Allah to grant me and you another decade to experience life, and learn more lessons.