there’s a cable car ride in dubai? i didn’t know that!
we passed by dubai court, and saw the long cable, and then cable cars passing by. we figured out the source, and headed on to creek park, the second largest park in dubai. take the entrance near the children’s city.
you must first pay 5aed each to go INSIDE the creek park, and then go find the cable car station. if you want to see the dubai creek at bird’s eye-view, this cable car ride is for you!
khaleef climbing onto the cable car
there’s a playground right beside the cable car station, and we let khaleef and kahfi to monkey around for awhile before the ride.
behind kazim is the cable car station
my sister-in-law teh getting read to ride the cable car
for the length of 2.3 kilometers and 30 minutes for ride, dubai cable car is a decent ride. pay 10aed for children, and 25aed for adults.
these cable cars can accommodate four passengers at a time, so better come in groups, unless you don’t mind sharing with strangers. kalau nak berdating berdua romantik-romantik pun kena share with another couple tau! hihi.
where we waited for the cable car
in all the write-up that i found on the net mentioned that there are three stations where passengers can alight, and be picked up. in truth, only the middle station is operational – meaning, you go in and out from the cable car ONLY in this station.
the other two stations on the left and right are only for u-turns! no operator is seen, and the cable car just made a turn and go back to the middle station, before going to the opposite side, and back again to the middle.
brothers khaleef and kahfi having a fun time on the cable car
why dubai cable car is pretty OKAY
- the ride is long enough to make your 25aed worthwhile
- nice to just enjoy some quiet time with family
- an extra thing to do while in the park
- you can appreciate the nice view of the creek and the skyline of old dubai beyond the creek
- this depends on your preference – but just to add that the cable car is not TOO high up – about 25-30m above the ground – as compared to the one in our genting highland! so it’s not too scary ok
- the ride is also not too fast, and it actually stops in the highest point of the cable, for us to soak in all the view
me and mr cookie
* * *
don’t expect a WOW view, because it’s not too high up – but the view is still lovely enough.
- the dubai creek of course
- the creek shore line
- little abras (arab boats); some with uae flag
- lots of seagulls resting on the waters like little white droplets
- the greens of the creek park
- the wonderland
- the floating bridge crossing the creek, connecting deira and bur dubai
- you can even see burj khalifa at a distance
the view is not a big WOW, but still a little wow hihi
* * *
funny thing was we only noticed this little notice of do’s and don’ts AFTER having done #3, #5 and #6!
3) don’t exchange places of sitting – but we kept changing seats to get the view of both sides of the cable car!
5) don’t stand inside the compartment – well, you need to stand up to change seats, don’t you! hihi
6) don’t place hands outside compartment windows – this is just a second, just to feel the air outside the cable car, no biggie ok!
* * *
where – creek park, dubai
how much – 5aed to enter park, 10aed for children & 25aed for adults
when - daily, 8am-11pm; (summer : 5pm-10pm)
*on wed: women only
my sis-in-law teh, khaleef, me, kahfi & kazim with woody woodpecker at the park