happy father’s day to my super abah, tuan haji sharifuddin shoib, my sons’ captain bapak mr khairul, and my father in law bapak tuan haji anwar khalid.
like father like son
one thing i despise when we’re out for movies, is mr. khairul’s irritating habit of picking and choosing the most caramel-coated popcorn he could find in the big popcorn bucket. hmmph! he would shake and stir and rummage through the bucket until he finds a few golden ones, sticky with too much caramel – leaving the rest of us with white ones! well, khaleef has an exact similar habit. he would do the exact same thing when we buy a bucket of popcorn.
good. now you have to berebut with your eldest son!
kahfi has the most sepet eyes among my 3 boys. the wider he smiles, the lesser you see of his eyes. in his best smiles, you usually won’t be able to see his eyes at all – they would only be two crumpled lines sliding upwards. he got that smile from his bapak.
sigh, i fell in love with that smile, mr. khairul. and now you’ve got one heckuva competition from your second born!
kazim eats everything, and anything. well, tolak batu, kayu and benda-benda haram lah kan. from cheeseburgers to spicy nasi goreng tomyam. from orange juice to hot japanese green tea. he inherited his father’s adventurous foodie title.
so the next time you eat weird stuff like sweet pengat sotong or the bitter lebanese stuffed grape leaves; you’ll have someone crazy enough to share the taste!
* * *
happy father’s day, abah. jasa yang tak mungkin terbalas.
my sister syida compiled these cool pictures of my abah walking up and down vietnam on their recent travels there. my two younger sisters went with abah and umi. she always does have a creative eye on things when it comes to photography. she doesn’t even need those big huge bulky cameras…
this compilation was taken from her awesome tumblr. check it out, click here!
* * *
something light and easy for father’s day. enjoy.
Over the centuries fathers have given their children plenty of good advice; here are some examples which you find quite amusing.
- Michelangelo’s Father: Mike, can’t you paint on walls like other children? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling?
- Goldilock’s Father: I’ve got a bill here for a broken chair from the Bear family. Do you know anything about this Goldie?
- Albert Einstein’s Father: But, Albert, it’s your senior picture. Can’t you do something about your hair? Styling gel, mousse, something…?
- Thomas Edison’s Father: Of course, I’m proud that you invented the electric light bulb, Thomas. Now turn off that light and get to bed!
- Humpty Dumpty’s Father: Humpty, if I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a hundred times not to sit on that wall. But would you listen to me? No!