Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spotted My Favorite Emirati Kuih ‘Luqaimat’ @ Al-Ain Mall

luqaimat.

owh those crispy deep-fried dough balls that I love so much. dribble a ladle-full of date syrup on top – heaven! I first fell in love when I tasted one in global village back in 2008, and since then never failed to buy a container full of delicious luqaimat everytime I’m in global village.

basically, macam cekodok diorang la kat arab emiriyah bersatu ni. hihi.

however, global village only opens a few months in a year, so for the rest of the year, I don’t know where I can get a good supply of my favorite luqaimat – until recently!

so happy we spotted ‘khosa bosah’ while taking a quick stop at al-ain mall, abu dhabi. that’s a LONG drive from home but at least when we’re around that area, we know where to get a nice plate of luqaimat.

 

IMG_7609

this is a small café on the side, inside al-ain mall – it’s not even a proper café will enclosure – just a counter, lots of décor and few tables set up. but I think it looks so wonderful! I LOVE the whole thing – the stripey arabian majlees table cloth, the ‘desert’ wallpaper, even a wind tower on top of the kiosk! (wind tower is one of the architectural elements of arabian homes back in the day)

 

IMG_7629

this is one side of the café – absolutely love the desert wallpaper, with the oil lamp hanging, and arabian teapot as décor.

 

IMG_7632

my boys are crazy about luqaimat too! they can gobble ‘em up in minutes!

 

IMG_7631

this was a really good plate of luqaimat – the perfectly round dough balls are freshly fried so it’s crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside. it’s served with date syrup on top, and a sprinkle of sesame seed. perfection.

 

IMG_7636

always accompanied by toothpicks to eat the luqaimat with.

 

IMG_7630IMG_7635

before – and after.

 

IMG_7623

IMG_7624

IMG_7625

IMG_7627

 

anytime we’re in al-ain again, you’ll definitely see us there. gobbling up a plate of luqaimat. or maybe two.

check out these postings too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails